Thursday, October 23, 2008

Day 2

Today started with some classic Lievense moves. First, we knew my cousin was picking me up at 10am so we set the alarm fo 8am. So after hitting the alarm 75 times and finally getting up at 8:30 and then waking Dave up at 9:30 - we get ready for the day. 10am rolls around, according to the alarm clock, and we are ready to go. 10:15 comes and we think that maybe Eleni is letting us sleep in. We keep waiting and finally 11am rolls around and I call Eleni to see if she is on her way. She tells me she is, and then I look at my phone, which is synched with the local time and we realized that we were an hour ahead!!!

Top that with the way Dave ripped opened the balcony door and it made for a great morning :)


The door Dave accosted it apparently tilts in AND opens out :)

We made it to the White Tower and it was very interesting :) Plus we got to see the museum with Alexander the Great. We came back and slept and then took a cab to Eleni's house. We had to stop on the way to get some pastries to bring - and that was an adventure. The cabby didn't speak very much english and so I had to talk into a walky-talky and then someone translated what we wanted to the cabby in Greek. Anyway, we got there and got to see all of Eleni's beautiful paintings, meet her son Mihali and had some greek coffee :)





My little cousin Mihali wants to be a Gladiator. :)

At dinner we showed off pictures of our American family back home and had a great time :) We discovered that Nikki, the 11 year old, is coming with us tomorrow to see the castle.

We've learned a lot of greek words and I've been called everything from Theadora(my mother's name) to Andre'a to Andre'ana. :) I absolutely love it here and Nikki says that we should stay till Christmas :)

We've decided to start a fund for a vacation to Greece so that every 2 years (at least) we can come back :)

I'll let Dave tell all of the touristy things :) talk to you later!

OH, and at lunch today I pulled a "Raymond" and totally stuffed this Greek glass coke bottle in my purse! :)

3 comments:

dance with me said...

hahahahhahah the door!!! hahahahah take more pictures you crazies!!! go nuts! cause we are living in a digital world, and i am a digital girl....or something like that.

soon to be mommy said...

hahaha, classic tourist move a, stuffing the bottle in your purse. Mihali is so cute!! hey a, check your email if you have a chance. Love you guys talk to you soon!!

Rebecca30 said...

I love that you pulled a "Raymond." Can't wait to pull an "Adrienne" and laugh all through my ceremony in December. Kurt knows that nerves for me = laughter which = love; what lucky gals we are. LOL!! Miss you guys!